Thursday, September 28, 2006

A Mixed Feeling

This mail reflects the frustration and dissatisfaction I had over my Managers decision over reallocation me to an old dumb project (which I was maintaining for almost a year, and just got moved out after a long struggle). She tried to convince me that it was for a temporary amount of time. But it was already too late; I was beyond all the sweet words from the management. Later in a conference call, my Project manager readily agreed to the client that I will work on the Old Project even without any consensus with me, which triggered me to write the mail below to the Boss man of my first job.

Hi Mr.P(Boss man),

Below mentioned is the Email from Mr.J (client) to Mrs.A(Project Manager). There are totally 13 new enhancements that Mr.J/Mrs.A has asked me to work on. The time line that Mrs.A gave me was 1 week to work on all 13 enhancements. She promised me to take me out of Dino after 1 week. I am not able understand how she was able to estimate (without even asking how much time it will take for me to complete this, I took a look at the defects and I am sure this will take around 3 weeks) 1 week for these 13 defects and still take me out of Dino after 1 week.

I would seriously acknowledge if that was my mistake that I had not pushed for a new resource. But I did take it up as an issue in one of the stand up meetings, that since I am out of Dino and new enhancements (usually estimated for 1 week) are coming in, there are hardly any defects that go to QA.

In the chat with Mrs.A yesterday, she said “I will come back and ensure that we can transition you out completely...” I don’t understand what this word completely really means. I thought I was already out of Dino ever after the meeting with you and Mr.M (Client Boss man).

During the appraisal talk with Mr.V (Previous Project Manager), I was very hesitant in taking up the “My Online application” project just because of the fact that I will be pulled back in Dino sometime. I never thought that this would happen so soon.

Sorry to trouble you in the midst of your work. But I just want to take this up and tell you that this does not Sound good to me. I am sorry again.

Thanks,
NaveenChander


The response for this was overwhelming. The Boss man apparently forwarded this to the Client Boss man. And I was immediately taken out of the project, which gave me a great relief to me. On the other hand, this mail also created friction with the Project manager as the Client Boss Man CCed it to my project manager in one of his replies. It was so embarrassing and an uneasy feeling to move around the office when she was there. Heights !!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home