Saturday, October 07, 2006

Nostalgic moments

A truly nostalgic mail. I don’t think the mail needs any introduction to it


Dear all,

It's been almost 2year since I have been with photon; life in Photon was always tough, competitive and exciting. I joined photon as a hatchling out of the shell. Any thing I saw was new and exciting. I learnt new languages on both technical and verbal front. Buzz words and fizz words were all about it. You can hardly hear something like "Hi and how are you"; it was always "dude", "wattzzup", "cool", "no issues" and stuff. Anything you do/learn will make you feel good.

Troubleshooting, Conference calls, personal Email account, unlimited/unrestricted browsing and night outs were all thrilling and exciting.

Photon was a very small group when I joined. Everyone had their share of say in any decisions the management made or at least I felt it that way. It makes you feel special when you are able to raise your voice for/against any new proposals, and you feel even more special when someone acknowledges it. Photon never had hierarchical structure. The COO was always easily accessible. Team lunch, team dinner was something that is always common and thrilling. More than the get-togethers, it was always about the new Star hotels you go to. Booze and night clubs have never interested me, though Photon was more into Night life and Saturday night parties.

I had to manage a project all by myself. It was a mammoth task. The guy who transitioned it to me was 3yrs experienced and was an expert. I felt like I was lost in the woods blind folded when I first took it up! I was new to real time environment, new responsibilities, and problem handling. Weekly conference calls were nightmares. Weekly project plans, Stand up meeting, Production build and trouble shooting always got on my nerves. Handling a project single handedly was interesting but slowly turned out to be a real pain. After a great deal I was moved out and was handling 3 different projects, it was a great learning curve and a good exposure to technology and people.

Photon has taught me just more than what I wanted. I still love Photon and I am happy the way it has taught me things.

But as we know all humans (like myself J ) tend to get too comfortable and wish to see what else is in offer in the outside world. And as luck would have it I got an offer from HP Last month. This meant to me not a better opportunity rather a change from the current one.

I submitted my resignation the very same day to get relieved at the earliest. I know almost all of you know this already. I was surprised myself at the speediness of my actions but I took this as an urge to look forward to newer things.

That's about it.

Hope to be excused if I have missed out any of you and consider this mail as my formal announcement about the offer.

With Love,
NaveenChander

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home